I started my career on a BBC Post Production Trainee scheme, where I learnt cross genre skills from some of the best in the business. I have been fortunate enough to continue working across various styles, editing documentaries, factual entertainment, drama, childrens, entertainment and music. I am currently enjoying being one of Edinburgh TV Festival’s Ones to Watch.
Recent projects have included “Born In New York, Raised in Paris”, a feature length, archive and interview packed documentary about Hip Hop, race and politics in France; The Dog Rescuers, for which I particularly enjoyed editing the Africa Special (Channel 5); and EastEnders (BBC1).
I am on the board of directors for Women In Film & TV (UK), and an Associate Governor of the British Film Editors guild. I mentor, speak on panels about my path, choices and career and regularly engage with young people starting out the industry.
- Editor on the National Television Award winning Paul O’Grady’s For the Love of Dogs (ITV 2018)
- Editor on the Children’s BAFTA Award winning Bear Grylls Survival School (ITV 2017)
- Editor on the Children’s BAFTA Award winning Our Family (CBeebies 2017)
- 2016 selected participant on the WFTV mentoring scheme.
- Editor on the Kids International Emmy Award winning Pet School (CBBC 2012)
- Featured as “One To Watch” in Broadcast Magazine’s Hotshots list 2006.
In 2014 I co-founded MUSEfest, an international showcase of film and music by women, which hosts screening and music events in London and Paris.
In 2009 while living in Paris I started the Paris branch of Balcony TV, an internet based, bi weekly music show which I produced and edited.
Now I am London based, happy to work at an editing facility, but can also offer remote working from my own edit suite equipped for Avid or Adobe Premiere projects. I really enjoy the creative process of working as a team but am perfectly content left to my own devices to follow a brief or script.
You can read more about me and my career highlights in this interview I gave to @EditGirlsLondon on Instagram.